- The print head has four inkjet elements each for one of the 4 inkjet colours. These elements contain microscopic nozzles for delivering the ink.
- Ink is sprayed through these nozzles in the print head. An electric charge is used to form the droplets as they are sprayed.
- The print head moves back and forth across the paper creating the image.
- Gears and rollers advance the paper with exact precision each time -– ready for the next pass of the print head.
- On print completion the paper is ejected.