An Internet connection may be required to install built-in drivers. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, then the built-in driver may not be installed properly.
To install the driver, connect your machine to your computer with a USB cable and turn the machine on. The built-in drivers will be installed automatically.
1. Click Start → (All apps).
2. Click Windows System.
3. Click Control Panel.
4. Click View devices and printers.
5. Click Add a printer.
6. Select your Brother printer from the list and then click Next. Go to step 12.
If your machine doesn’t appear in the list, it may not be communicating with your computer. Make sure that your computer and your machine are connected to the same network.
To manually add your printer, complete the following steps:
a. Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
b. Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname and then click Next.
c. Type the IP address of the Brother machine in the Hostname or IP address field, and check the Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use option.
d. Click Next. Go to step 7.
8. Choose your model from the Printers list and then click Next.
If your model is not listed, click the Windows Update button. This will take a few minutes to contact the Microsoft server and download the additional drivers. Your computer must be connected to the Internet.
9. If a previous driver was already installed, click Replace the current driver, and then click Next.
10. We recommend that you leave the printer name as listed and then click Next.
11. Choose an option for sharing and then click Next. Typically a network-connected printer does not need to be shared since it is already on a network.
– You may choose to set your printer as the default.
– You may choose to print a test page.
13. Click Finish.