Brother strongly recommends that customers use only genuine Brother drum units and/or toner cartridges. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability. The Brother limited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
- Did you replace the toner cartridge with a NEW, out of the box, genuine Brother toner cartridge (TN620/TN650)?
NOTE: If a toner cartridge from another machine was installed (even if there’s still toner left in the used cartridge), the message ‘Replace Toner’ would continue to appear on the display. To clear the message a new, genuine Brother toner must be installed.
- Open the front cover and remove the drum and toner assembly.
NOTE: We recommend placing the toner and drum assembly on a piece of paper in case of accidental spill or scatter toner.
- Remove the gray toner cartridge from the black drum by holding down the blue lock lever on the right side of the drum unit and lifting the toner cartridge out.
- Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side.
- Reinstall the toner cartridge into the drum unit.
- Reinstall the drum and toner assembly into the printer and close the front cover.
- If the problem continues and your machine is within warranty, you can locate a Brother Authorized Service Center (ASC) in your area by clicking on the link below:
http://www.brother-usa.com/service/default.aspx or contact Brother Customer Service by calling 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
If your machine is out of warranty, you can locate a Brother Authorized Service Center using the information listed above.