if your Canon printer is switched on and connected to the PC in question. If your printer is still not working, follow the steps set out below:
- Try running the printing Troubleshooter provided by Microsoft
- If that doesn’t solve the issue, it means that your printer may need new Printer Drivers. Check the printer manufacturer’s website for compatible Printer Drivers that will work with Windows 10.
Before installing the new Printer Drivers, you need to uninstall the printer by following the steps given below
- Open Start menu
- Click Devices and Printers
- Select your Canon Printer
- Select Remove Device from the top of the screen
- Reinstall the printer
- If Windows does not find a Driver, browse the printer manufacturer website for Drivers.
- Download the Driver and follow the instructions given by the printer manufacturer.
Alternatively you can get a Driver Update Tool to update the Drivers for you and keep them updated. To check for Driver Updates click here to run a free Drivers Scan of your PC.